Sunday, November 1, 2009

World Series 2009 Game 3, October 31,2009 Recap

Last night, Halloween, was Game 3 of the World Series in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Cole Hamels, as you know was scheduled to pitch for the game against some Andy guy from the Yankees. They had a rain delay so they started 1 hour and 20 minutes after the scheduled starting time. I went trick-or-treating with my dad and my sister around I don't know 6:30 or something. Not many people were out. We saw more people when we got further down the street. It was nice weather. There was snow on Friday, but it melted throughout the day on Friday and maybe a little bit on Saturday and there were patches of snow here and there but it was nice and not icy or that cold either. It was also a pretty light night. Lighter than most nights recently which was good too. When we got back to the house from trick-or-treating, it was only the 3rd inning of the World Series game. I was very excited to see the game, but soon into the game, I think it was the 4th inning, Cole Hamels got booted and wasn't allowed to pitch for the rest of the game because he was doing badly. I got so so so mad. I love Cole Hamels, and the night he pitches in the World Series, and the first time I had seen him pitch since the World Series 2008, he gets booted and doesn't get to play. I was very mad and you could tell that he was too. Hopefully he gets over it just as I slowly am and I hope also that the Phillies win the World Series, unlike Game 3. The final score was 8-5 Yankees, but at first when I got back from trick-or-treating it was 3-0 Phillies. The Yankees stepped it up and won Game 3. Right now the game score is 2-1 Yankees but I know the Phillies will come around and win it all. I KNOW IT!



Here is a little clip I found on the internet of some interviews with people like Jimmy Rollins, shortstop for the Phillies and Charlie Manuel, the manager or the coach or something of the Phillies. Please enjoy. The URL is posted below.


http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/68150522.html?cmpid=15585797

No comments: