Friday, April 25, 2008

I'm back!!!!!

Hi, this is me for real this time. 

Now, I have been taking Genotropin. Genotropin is a pen where you give yourself (or your mom can help you like my mom does) a shot. Many kids take them for lots of reasons. I take them because I am not growing enough. I don't really like to take them, but you got to do what you got to do. I sometimes feel sad because I am not as tall as the other kids or because I am short, but not often. 

This is my 4th day with taking Genotropin. I haven't seen much of growth since I started taking them. I know they will help me grow though. I have to take them once every day. I take them around the same time every day (around 5:00 to 8:00) just in case. 

When my mom starts to get the pen ready (where the needle is hidden), I prepare myself by staying calm and not working myself up for something that I don't need to get worked up for. I get my blanket or my stuffed cow to hold, a band aid to put over the shot when we're done and an ice pack to take away the pain if it hurts after. You can also use the ice pack to numb where you're going to get the shot, but I feel that you don't need it because wherever you got the shot starts to hurt after because if the numbness from the cold. 

Now, I am only a 4th grader and I have to get ready for school, so I can't stay online forever. I will catch with you later after school. 

1 comment:

Oatmeal Cookie 63 said...

I love this blog. It's amazing! Give me more, Geno Girl!