Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Oooooh, I'm sooo excited!

I am so excited! Guess why I'm so excited!!!! Guess! Guess! Well, I'll tell you anyway.
Okay, well it is Wednesday. Tomorrow will be Thursday and the day after that will be Friday.

Tomorrow which is Thursday, I have the usual Landshark practice ( oh, and by the way I had my second race, did great, as expected of course) and then after that I will be going to Sheketak ( not sure if that's the right spelling). Sheketak is is israeli dancing with drums and music incorperated into all the fun! I think it will be really awesome. It's up in Denver.


Then, after that on Friday, I have World Tour Day! World Tour Day is an event where all the parents and teachers who know a lot about a certain country share that information with the students by decorating a classroom and providing fun activities and food for the children. There's usally a craft or two and you maybe watch a movie. The teacher or parent tells you the country you are visiting and some cool facts about where you are. We have 2 assemblies and at the assemblies you have entertainment including a belly dancer, a guy with bag pipes, and african drummers. It's different every year depending on who they can get.I'm soooo excited! You get a passport which lists the two countries you will be going to. Before that a few weeks before the event, you get a list of all the countries that are being presented and you pick your top 5. After that, the PTO ( parents who help out at the school a lot) decide which places you will be going to that year. It is a tradition we have at my school once every year.


Now, you can share the excitment with me!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

We have the same celebration at our school here in Alaska. We call it "World Celebration Day" and we do the passports too. We have a big potluck where parents bring dishes from somewhere else in the world. Yummy. We also dress up in costumes from different countries. Do you dress up? Last year I wore my moms traditional dress from Norway. I'd never worn it and it was a lot of fun. I'll show you the photos when I see you.

Oatmeal Cookie 63 said...

Great! You are allowed to wear costumes,but I never do because I don't own a costume like that and because I would choose not to even if I did. At our school, we don't have a potluck, but I wish! You can just order sandwiches or bring lunch from home. That is so cool and I would love to see those pictures!