Saturday, November 7, 2009

Missoula Children's Theater, God Family

Every year, Rockrimmon Elementary, which was where I used to go and where my sister does go, the PTO hires Missoula Children's Theater to come. Missoula Children's Theater sends 2 people, a couple of people, that travel around the country going to different schools putting on the same play for 1 whole year. So far, there has been Snow White, Cinderella, and Hansel and Gretel. This year it is Pinnochio. India is in the play and she is a Pleasure Isle Kid. Her line is "Oh Yeah" which brings back memories of when I was the 7th dwarf in Snow White. I was Tamborine. I carried around a tamborine and I got to say "Oh Yeah" every time I spoke except for one time that I said "Oh No". It was a fun play. Every year, there is a different couple of people that come to schools for 1 week each. They have tryouts for the play on Monday, and rehersals all that week, and they have the final performances on Friday night and Saturday morning. Pinnochio had it's first final performance last night. It was really good and some parts of it were SO FUNNY! The 2nd and final of the real performances is today at 11:00. I am excited to see it again, but it won't be as funny because yesterday one of my best friends, Kelsey went and we laugh together SO SO SO SO MUCH!!!! But I am still excited to see the play again. After the play, we get to go to Squeak Soda Shop, which is a shop where you can get ice cream, and candy, and soda, and there is also real food like popcorn, pretzels, sandwiches, cotton candy, stuff like that. One of my favorite parts is the paintings on the wall. They are absolutely amazing! One of my other favorite parts is the soda. They have a few steps to having your soda. It is not just like " Oh look, here is a Coca-Cola in this big class container at the checkout, I will have this, 1 soda and a cotton candy please." It is not like that. First, you go over to the Smelling station. They have little test tubes that are on racks and the test tubes are labeled with their flavor and you get to decide on your flavor based on the smell. It is cool. Then you go over to the counter where the guy is standing and you tell him your flavor. Then he asks you if you want it to be with Splenda or real sugar and then you get to pick a size and you also get to pick a color, like light blue, dark orange, pink, in the middle purple. It is a very cool place. They also have a Wii and lots of board games including Monopoly, Scrabble, an assortment of Cranium games, BattleShip, stuff like that. It is a rockin' place. I have been there 3 times and I am going there again today in honor of India's play and also because if you are in the play and you go to Squeak on one of the performance days, you get a coupon.

Also, my god family from Durango are coming today because their dad has a conference in Colorado Springs at the Broadmoor. I am very jealous because the Broadmoor is the fanciest and the coolest and the prettiest hotel in Colorado Springs, but I guess I am not too jealous, because it is just a hotel, and also because we are meeting up there with them to go swimming and get takout from a restaurant, not a restaurant at the Broadmoor. I am excited to go swimming. It will be the 2nd time since I broke my arm. I don't want to forget my goggles!

No comments: