Thursday, November 5, 2009

Retirement Home

Today, the 6th grade Choir took a fieldtrip to Viewpointe Retirement Home, which is 2 miles from our school. We went to sing to them there. It was very heart touching and it made me want to cry because I was happy when I saw them clapping their hands and singing along.

It was fun and I am very glad we went there!
It was enjoyable to sing to them and see their faces light up when we sang the songs.
I also felt sad too, because my choir teacher said that most of the people at the retirement home don't get many visitors, and that made me sad. I am glad we went.

After we were done singing, we shook their hands and lots of them said that they wanted us to come back and sing christmas carols for the holiday. I loved that they said that, but you could tell that they didn't get many visitors.

Mixed emotions. Sad, happy, heartwarming, joyful.....

No comments: