Saturday, October 10, 2009

I'm back!!

I'm back from High Trails and it was so so beautiful and even more fun!
I went Monday morning and we rode up on buses to get there, it was about an hour and a half ride but of course you were with all your friends so it was fine!

When we got there, they told us the rules and stuff and then we got our luggage and unpacked our stuff in the cabin. They were little cabinet things that you could put your stuff in but there weren't enough, so 1 of my best friends named Lilly and I, who were bunking together as well, shared a cabinet. It was fine and very roomy.

While we were there, we had discovery groups. The discovery groups changed every day. I was a Woodsmen first and we learned about different kind of trees and stuff. Then in Indians, we did rotations and we did Archery, we face painted and we learned how to make fire without matches or a lighter or anything. It was really hard and tiring and you had to be really patient!

Then last but not least we had Homesteaders and there we learned about different types of tools that they used for plowing, horses, their food, candle making, stuff like that and then we got to make apple cider, biscuits and candles. The candles was fun to make. The apple cider was fun but we had to boil it because it was dirty and there wasn't enough time so we didn't get to drink it and I didn't try the biscuits because they looked burnt and I wasn't hungry.

We also had a cookout where we were Explorers so we got to do some compass work and stuff like that and then play games and have hamburgers and chips and marshmallows and it was really fun, but cold!!!

There were different leaders and counslers and they moved from group to group teaching the same thing over and over again if that makes sense. There were stakes and there was a whole bunch of kids that would meet at the same stake every day and luckily all my friends and I were at the same stake! The people at the stake would stay the same but the people running the groups would go from stake to stake every day or whatever. Get it? A little confusing, I know!

But overall, it was so fun! I got up and did this early morning hike with 1 of my best friends named Kelsey and it was called A Bluff and it was one of the highest parts of High Trails. You could see like everything. It was amazing and I wish I had pictures but I think I lost the camera that the pictures were on. So sad.

My hands are getting tired to type anything else.
I hope that was a good recap.

Natasha.

No comments: