Sunday, October 25, 2009

Short Story

We are writing short stories in Language Arts and I am writing mine and I was wondering if you guys wanted to hear it. I am not finished writing it or anything, but sometimes I will be sharing it with you guys as I move along in the plot. I don't want to share it in this post, but in this post I will tell you what it is about.

Characters-

Carmen the Snow Cone fanatic
Angelina the Unicorn
Dorothy, Carmen's best friend
Elphaba Rodriguez the villain that takes away Snow Cones ( she is also the wicked witch of the west's 34 tims removed 2nd cousin on her step aunt's side of the family)

Setting-

The Land of Oz where the whole story is based
Hodgkin's Alley which is the official vendor's street
Rodriguez's Lair which is her apartment over Hodgkin's Alley
Snow Cone Palace- Snow Cone vendor on Hodgkin's Alley where Carmen gets her Snow Cones every day
Dorothy's house out in the country of the Land of Oz.


Plot-
Elphaba Rodriguez is planning to take away Snow Cones because she feels that they make kids too happy, and Carmen gets so mad after Snow Cones are gone that she goes out to the country in the Land of Oz to where Dorothy lives and Dorothy lets her borrow her ruby red slippers to get Snow Cones back, and with the ruby red slippers Carmen gets Snow Cones back and Elphaba Rodriguez melts.

That is all I will tell you for now.
I will be showing you the short story over the course of when I write it.

Natasha

3 comments:

DebPC said...

I really love your short story. I know I am your mom but I think it's really great. I like the teasers here but I think that your readers would appreciate the whole thing and maybe even have some constructive criticism to help make it even better.

omilator said...

Your mom is right. The story idea is terrific. Saba and I can't wait to read the whole thing -- either just a bit at a time as you write it or when the story is completely finished. And you'll have to tell us if you want us to make comments or suggestions or just say if we see any typos. It's not going to be easy to write, I suspect, but you've made an amazing start with your outline. Go for it! And when is it due??

Oatmeal Cookie 63 said...

Omi and Mom-
Thank you for commenting and the great advice.
Yes, I want constructive critisism and yes, if I make mistakes or typos or grammatical errors or something doesn't sound right, I want you to tell me about them in a comment or in an email so I know that I should fix those. The final draft has to be typed and ready to be turned in by Monday. Tell me what you think!

Please be honest.
Natasha.