Tuesday, June 23, 2009

YMCA Fantastic Field Trips Days 1 and 2

Hey guys. Today was a pretty eventful day. Wanna hear? Well, if you don't then too bad.
I am in the YMCA summer camp program. They have a few camps you can choose to go to, and India and I have gotten the amazing choice of going to Fantastic Field Trips, which is what it sounds like! You go on field trips the whole week, except for Monday which is orientation. So, the camp my sister and I are in is called Splish Splish Splash, which sounds like water, and is related to water in every way. Can you guess where I went? Well, if you guessed it right, great, if you didn't, sorry, and if you didn't guess at all and just kept reading, you are very smart.
I went to WaterWorld. Do you know what that is? It is this big huge theme park, where you get soaked. It is all about water. There isn't a ride there that doesn't associate with water! I had so much fun. It was my first time, and my sister and I had so much fun, and are dying to go back! Have you ever been there? If so, let me know, and tell me what you think!
I got a sunburn, but because I had lots of fun, my sunburn isn't as bad, or it doesn't seem as bad because I know that I had fun. Also, just a tip. I went as a big group, but go with as little of a group as possible, but I would suggest at least going in pairs. It is more fun, because it isn't this whole pack, but you are not alone! Two heads are better than one, but that isn't the best closing for this post, so.......... anyway, have the rest of your summer, or your work, or whatever you are doing or planning to be doing be fun, and I hope you are healthy, and everything is all and well!

3 comments:

omilator said...

Good advice about not going in a crowd. I guess you don't have to wait nearly as long that way in order to go on rides or down water slides or whatever.

Are you glad I'm commenting?

Don't forget to keep reapplying that sunscreen! Even if you're having fun, it's not safe to get a sunburn.

And I hope you have a terrific summer too.

Oatmeal Cookie 63 said...

I will, of course, remember to put globs of sunscreen on now! I am glad you are commenting. Thank you, because you are one of the only ones that does comment. I love when people comment!

omilator said...

As I said in my last post, I'll write something here and on the next older post of yours but then I'll respond only to new messages.